· Our standard is the latest (7th) edition of the MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers, also available athttp://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/01/
· Times New Roman 12 pt, 11 pt for long quotes.
· Line spacing 1.5.
· Keep formatting minimal.
· DO NOT insert page numbers.
· Paragraphs should be indented.
· All Tabs: 1.27 cm / 0.5 inch.
· Quotations longer than four lines of prose or two lines of verse should be indented by 1.27 cm, on the left side only, and separated from the main body of the text.
· Notes to the printed text should take the form of endnotes, not footnotes. Make sparing use of endnotes. Include bibliographical data in the endnotes and avoid lists of works cited. Lists of general bibliography are unacceptable.
· Endnotes should be inserted manually, NOT automatically.
· Titles of books should be in italics, as well as words singled out for emphasis, single foreign words not naturalised in English and foreign phrases.
· No other form of emphasis (capitals, bold, large print, etc.) should be used, and careful use of inverted commas is recommended.
· Quotations within the main body of the text should be in double inverted commas.
· Words or phrases used in an unusual way, upon first appearance in that acceptation, should be in single inverted commas.
· Quotations within quotations should be in single inverted commas.
· Changes, or additions within quotations, are marked by square brackets, but not elisions. Changes and comments at the end of the quote should be in round brackets.
· Quotations in languages other than English should be followed by an English translation, whose author should be acknowledged in a parenthetical note.
· Spelling may follow either British or American conventions, but should be consistent.
· The article must be accompanied by a 200-word abstract, 7-10 keywords, and a 200-word biographical note detailing the author’s affiliation, academic expertise and research interests.
Papers which do not conform will not be considered for publication!
Deadlines for Submissions: Germanistische Beiträge is published biannually in December and June. The deadlines for submission of contributions are September 15 for the winter edition (expected publication: December 15) andMarch 15 for the summer edition (expected publication: June 15).
Editorial/Business Office: Editors Department of German Studies, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu , 550024 Sibiu , Bd.-l Victoriei 5-7, Romania , Tel: +40 269 21 55 56. All hard copy manuscripts, correspondence about contributions, advertising, subscriptions and allied matters should be sent to: Germanistische Beiträge Division, Lucian Blaga University, Sibiu, Department of German Studies, 550024 Sibiu, Bd.-l Victoriei 5-7, Romania.